Crime Statics 2018/2019
The South African Police Service (SAPS) has accepted a new and challenging objective of ensuring that its crime statistics are in line with international best practice. This will be achieved through a Memorandum of Understanding with Statistics South Africa (Stats SA), aimed at further enhancing the quality and integrity of the South African crime statistics.
The crime statistics generated by SAPS are an important link in the value chain of the statistics system informs policy development and planning in the criminal justice system. The collaboration with StatsSA will go a long way in enhancing the integrity of the SAPS crime statistics and ensuring that policy-makers have quality data to assist them with making policy decisions.
- Identification of a police official
- What happens to drugs that were seized by the Police?
- About the Forensic Science Laboratory
- How can I blacklist my cellphone?
- What are my rights when arrested or detained?
- Common Law Offences-Definitions
- Reporting a vehicle accident
- How to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- What happens to abalone and crayfish when it gets confiscated by the SAPS?
- Can I report a crime or any criminal activity on the official Facebook or Twitter pages?
Crime Situation in South Africa (Released APRIL TO MARCH 2018 / 19)